When you view a discussion topic that has had student contributions already made to it, you will have the option to view the topic in "reading view: (default), or switch to the "grid view". This tutorial reviews the difference between these two views. This is NOT a tutorial on how to grade discussion topics.
for grading instructions, review this guide on Grading a Discussion Topic. This tutorial reviews the two different views available to read and review student work on discussions.
The Reading View for Discussion Topics
The reading view is the default and looks like the discussion topics list. Each post is listed below the others. You will need to click on the title of the discussion post to actually read it. Remember that you also have the discussion evaluation page where you can see all of a student's work on a discussion topic. The reading view is more so to see the conversation in Context. Here is an example of a discussion topic in reading view:
The Grid View for Discussion Topics
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- New Discussion Creation and Settings Page Update
- Delete a Student Discussion Post
- How Discussions are Structured in MyCourses
- Replying to a Discussion (Instructors and Students)
- Sending a Private Message to Students From Discussion Post
- How to Unsubscribe to a Discussion Forum, Topic, or Thread
- Viewing Discussion Statistics
- How to Subscribe to a Forum, Topic, or Thread
- Customizing Discussion Grid View Settings
- How to navigate the Grid View and Other Items found within the Grid View