This article guides faculty using MyCourses on how to include an additional correct response in a quiz. This valuable feature plays a crucial role in preserving assessment accuracy and strengthening their alignment with defined learning objectives.
Note: After an exam has been completed, students sometimes question why a particular option is the wrong answer. They frequently provide evidence to support their position, and occasionally we find that their arguments are valid. Therefore, we decide to give credit for both answers on the quiz. This method provides an easy way to give some credit for the answer without going through each person’s exam manually to see what they answered.
Note: This can also be used to create a grading curve.
Step by Step
- Go to “Submissions” and select “Quizzes.”
- Use the chevron (v) dropdown menu for the specific quiz containing the question and select “Grade.”
Click Questions, Fill bubble Update All Attempts, and Click the question to (re)grade.
- Fill bubble for Give to attempts with answer.
- Select the answer you want to provide credit for on the dropdown.
- Fill in a point value being awarded for that answer.
- Click Save.
- Click “Go Back to Questions” and/or simply leave the quiz.
Have Questions? Contact the MyCourses Support Team by email at MyCourses4Faculty@spcollege.edu or by phone at 727-341-3500 (Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST).
After-hours or weekend assistance? Contact the SPC Helpdesk at 727-791-2795 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to Schedule a One-on-One or Group Session on MyCourses or other instructional technology issues or opportunities? Complete the Schedule Instructional Support form and one of our team members will be in contact during regular business hours.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to Delete a Quiz from Using Honorlock
- How to Change Assessments from Honorlock to Respondus
- Dissociate grades from quizzes, Dropboxes, and Discussion
- Quizzes - Additional correct answers POST initial grading of an examination in MyCourses
- Manually Publish Grades - Quizzes and Dropbox
- Synchronous Quiz Setup
- Setup Asynchronous Quiz
- Images within Quizzes
- Copying a Quiz to Another Course
- Copying Quizzes in the Same Course