Instructors can now choose to have quizzes automatically submit learner work when the quiz time limit is up. When the time limit expires the learner sees a page letting them know their quiz is being submitted, followed by the Quiz Results Display page.
How to set up a quiz to automatically submit using the New Quiz Experience
Step by Step
- On the navbar, select Submissions and click Quizzes.
- On the Manage Quizzes tab, click New Quiz.
- On the quiz creation screen, click Timing & Display.
- Check Set time limit and then enter a Time Limit in minutes.
- Click Edit Timer Settings.
- Select Automatically submit the quiz attempt.
The quiz timing settings have been updated to make quiz setup quicker and easier. Previously instructors had to decide between time limit options: No Time Limit, Recommended Time Limit and Enforced Time Limit. Now instructors can choose whether they want to set a time limit and enter the length of time for the quiz.
Have Questions? Contact the MyCourses Support Team by email at MyCourses4Faculty@spcollege.edu or by phone at 727-341-3500 (Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST).
After-hours or weekend assistance? Contact the SPC Helpdesk at 727-791-2795 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to Schedule a One-on-One or Group Session on MyCourses or other instructional technology issues or opportunities? Complete the Schedule Instructional Support form and one of our team members will be in contact during regular business hours.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to Delete a Quiz from Using Honorlock
- How to Change Assessments from Honorlock to Respondus
- Dissociate grades from quizzes, Dropboxes, and Discussion
- Quizzes - Additional correct answers POST initial grading of an examination in MyCourses
- Manually Publish Grades - Quizzes and Dropbox
- Synchronous Quiz Setup
- Setup Asynchronous Quiz
- Images within Quizzes
- Copying a Quiz to Another Course
- Copying Quizzes in the Same Course