If you are choosing to use LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor, this guide walks you through enabling Respondus Monitor in your participating courses. You can ONLY use LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor with quizzes/tests/exams inside MyCourses.
There are two platforms that additionally support Respondus Monitor: McGraw Hill’s ALEKS platform (for Math, both courses and placement tests, or PPL) and Pearson MyLab. For each of those platforms, you can link the Respondus Monitor license you have through St. Petersburg College to the publisher’s platform and have the use of Respondus Monitor included in your license. (The LockDown Browser application is still provided directly from MCGH or Pearson.) For details, see:
Below step by step guide are additional resources for faculty.
Step by Step
Note: If you are an instructor that has used Honorlock in the past, you will need to do one extra step on your Quizzes in addition to the Steps below. Please see this guide for more information.
- Click Submissions from the navbar, and then select Quizzes.
- From the quiz page you will see LockDown Browser as an option underneath the main Navbar.
- To enable Respondus click the down arrow next to the desired quiz.
- Select Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam to expand additional settings.
- Select Require Respondus Monitor to proctor the exam.
- After doing so you will see the following screen
- Select desired options for the proctor software to engage.
- If you want to enable screen record option, select check box next to Record options.
- Choose to add more options according to your preference.
- Click Save + Close
- You will now see your exam enabled with Respondus inside the LockDown Browser system side.
And here is what you will see on the MyCourses/D2L side once your quiz is set up to use Respondus Monitor and/or LockDown Browser. The Chapter 1-2 Quiz is set up. The Chapters 3-5 Quiz is not.
- For further resources on Respondus, check out the faculty resources above the list of quizzes. (See below image for assistance.)
What is Respondus?
This article contains links to Respondus support guides.
Question: How can I get my students started with Respondus?
Answer: This PDF goes over the basic information and tools the students will need to start a proctored test.
Question: How does an instructor prepare a test for use with Respondus LockDown Browser?
Question: "Frowny Face" error when opening the LockDown Browser Dashboard tool?
Question: How does Using the "Show Your Work" feature in Respondus Monitor work?
Question: Help, Respondus isn't working correctly!
Have Questions? Contact the MyCourses Support Team by email at MyCourses4Faculty@spcollege.edu or by phone at 727-341-3500 (Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST).
After-hours or weekend assistance? Contact the SPC Helpdesk at 727-791-2795 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to Schedule a One-on-One or Group Session on MyCourses or other instructional technology issues or opportunities? Complete the Schedule Instructional Support form and one of our team members will be in contact during regular business hours.