If you are choosing to use LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor, this guide walks you through enabling Respondus Monitor in your participating courses. You can ONLY use LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor with quizzes/tests/exams inside MyCourses.
There are two platforms that additionally support Respondus Monitor: McGraw Hill’s ALEKS platform (for Math, both courses and placement tests, or PPL) and Pearson MyLab. For each of those platforms, you can link the Respondus Monitor license you have through St. Petersburg College to the publisher’s platform and have the use of Respondus Monitor included in your license. (The LockDown Browser application is still provided directly from MCGH or Pearson.) For details, see:
Pearson MyLab: https://web.respondus.com/pearson-mylab/
McGraw Hill ALEKS: https://web.respondus.com/aleks/
Below step by step guide are additional resources for faculty.
What is Respondus?
Important Note 1: If you are an instructor that has used Honorlock in the past, you will need to do one extra step on your Quizzes in addition to the Steps below. Please see this guide for more information.
Important Note 2: Be sure to always avoid using the words "Respondus" or "LockDown Browser" or " webcam" in your quiz titles. Rather, just call it "Syllabus Quiz", as an example.
The title amendment our LTI tool adds would then change the title to: Syllabus Quiz - Requires Respondus LockDown Browser + Webcam
Important Notes 3:
Students can not use a Chromebook or iPad if your quiz is through Pearson - MyMathLab.
- Students will have to use a computer with Windows or MAC OS.
- Students can use a Chromebook or iPad if your quiz/exam is through ALEKS
Important Note 4:
- Please share these Guides with your Students as applicable to your course.
- Click here
Step by Step:
- Click Submissions from the navbar, and then select Quizzes.
- From the quiz page you will see LockDown Browser as an option underneath the main Navbar.
- To enable Respondus click the down arrow next to the desired quiz.
- Select Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam to expand additional settings.
- Select Require Respondus Monitor to proctor the exam.
- After doing so you will see the following screen
- Select desired options for the proctor software to engage.
- If you want to enable screen record option, select check box next to Record options.
- Choose to add more options according to your preference.
Note: If you want your students to be able to take quizzes using the iPad Edition of LockDown Browser make sure the select that option like the image below.
Click Save + Close
10. You will now see your exam enabled with Respondus inside the LockDown Browser system side.
11. And here is what you will see on the MyCourses/D2L side once your quiz is set up to use Respondus Monitor and/or LockDown Browser. The Chapter 1-2 Quiz is set up. The Chapters 3-5 Quiz is not.
12. For further resources on Respondus, check out the faculty resources above the list of quizzes. (See below image for assistance.)
Here are a few more detailed support guides:
Instructor Resources for Respondus Monitor:
Have Questions? Contact the MyCourses Support Team by email at MyCourses4Faculty@spcollege.edu or by phone at 727-341-3500 (Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST).
After-hours or weekend assistance? Contact the SPC Helpdesk at 727-791-2795 or email@example.com
Want to Schedule a One-on-One or Group Session on MyCourses or other instructional technology issues or opportunities? Complete the Schedule Instructional Support form and one of our team members will be in contact during regular business hours.