The Process for issuing an Incomplete to a student in your course encompasses several steps. This guide outlines the full process from start to finish and links to other guides with more specific information on each step.
- Before the end of the term, you as the faculty must complete and sign theIncomplete Request Form. In doing so, you will also be asked to enter the student's name and email address so that it will be sent to them to add their digital signature. Here is a tutorial onCompleting the Incomplete Request Form.
- When you submit your final grades, you will submit a zero for that student as their overall calculated grade and transfer that to the grade to submit to SPC in the final grades submission process. Zeroes are converted to an "I" on the student's transcript. Here is a tutorial onEntering an I as the final grade for a student with an incomplete.
- Once the end date of the course passes, you will need to change the role of the student on the Classlist from Student to Student-Incomplete. Here is a tutorial onChanging the Student Role to Student Incomplete. Make sure you remove or adjust any course dates so the student can access the content.
- Go into the course and assess their work, grading assignments as normal. Once you have updated the student's overall grade in MyCourses, you will submit theChange of Grade Survey. Once you submit that, the student's grade will be updated in their transcript to their final letter grade within 24-48 hours from the time you submit the grade change survey.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Articles in this section
- Quick Start Guide
- MyCourses Support Team Info
- Issuing a Student an Incomplete Final Grade: Complete Faculty Instructions
- Faculty Support Website - Formally OLS/CETL
- Call MyCourses Support Team on Microsoft TEAMS
- Standard Course Development and Use
- MyCourses and MySPC Integration Info
- Center of Excellence for Teaching and Learning
- Student Survey of Instruction