In this tutorial, we will guide you step-by-step on how to create a discussion topic. Discussion topics are where students post contributions and respond to other students. Before creating a topic you will need to have created a Discussion Forum. Click here if you have not already created a Discussion Forum.
- Click on Submissions on the Navbar
- Click on Discussions
- Click on New
- Click on New Topic
- Select the Forum you would like to place your topic from the dropdown list
- Choose a Topic Type
- Enter a Title
- Enter a Description for the topic (These are the instructions/or actual question for the discussion). Note: You can format this however you want, Bold, Italics, etc.
- Choose a Rating Scheme to set it to from the Drop Down Menu
- Click Save and Close
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- New Discussion Creation and Settings Page Update
- Delete a Student Discussion Post
- How Discussions are Structured in MyCourses
- Replying to a Discussion (Instructors and Students)
- Sending a Private Message to Students From Discussion Post
- How to Unsubscribe to a Discussion Forum, Topic, or Thread
- Viewing Discussion Statistics
- How to Subscribe to a Forum, Topic, or Thread
- Customizing Discussion Grid View Settings
- How to navigate the Grid View and Other Items found within the Grid View