Setting your discussion topic as a post first will force students to do an original post before they will be allowed to see any other classmates' posts. This can prevent students from copying other students when participating in Discussions.
- Click on Submissions on the Navbar
- Click on Discussions
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to the discussion that you would like to edit
- Click on Edit Topic, click on the Properties Tab and scroll to the very bottom. There you will see the Options for that particular Discussion post. Check the box that says Users must start a thread before they can read and reply to other threads.
- Click on Save and Close
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- New Discussion Creation and Settings Page Update
- Delete a Student Discussion Post
- How Discussions are Structured in MyCourses
- Replying to a Discussion (Instructors and Students)
- Sending a Private Message to Students From Discussion Post
- How to Unsubscribe to a Discussion Forum, Topic, or Thread
- Viewing Discussion Statistics
- How to Subscribe to a Forum, Topic, or Thread
- Customizing Discussion Grid View Settings
- How to navigate the Grid View and Other Items found within the Grid View