To make that connection, sometimes it is nice to have your students see your face and hear your voice within their course. Video Feedback is a great feature that you can include when evaluating a student's contribution to a discussion topic.
- Navigate to the list of discussions in your course.
- Click the down arrow next to the discussion topic you wish to assess, and click Assess Topic
- Once you click Assess topic, click Topic Score under the student's name you wish to asses
- The discussion evaluation page, locate the Overall Feedback are on the right side of the page. Look for the Insert Stuff button, you may need to click the plus sign for more options.
- Once you click insert stuff, scroll through the insert options and select the Add Video Note
- Click on New Recording
- Click on Stop Recording when complete
- Click on Next
- Enter a Title and Description (If you plan to use this same recording for several students and other courses, by detailed so you can search and find the feedback)
- Select English as the Audio Language and click the checkbox next to Automatically generate captions from audio
- Click on Next
- Click on Insert
- Click on Update
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- New Discussion Creation and Settings Page Update
- Delete a Student Discussion Post
- How Discussions are Structured in MyCourses
- Replying to a Discussion (Instructors and Students)
- Sending a Private Message to Students From Discussion Post
- How to Unsubscribe to a Discussion Forum, Topic, or Thread
- Viewing Discussion Statistics
- How to Subscribe to a Forum, Topic, or Thread
- Customizing Discussion Grid View Settings
- How to navigate the Grid View and Other Items found within the Grid View