One way to reduce cheating on quizzes is to create a Question Pool so students answer randomized questions. For example, create a question pool with 50 questions and then set the quiz so that students will each answer 30 random questions from the 50.
Question pools are created by adding questions from the question library in that course. You first need to import or create questions in the question library, then create a question pool.
- Click on Submission Review on the Navbar
- Click on Quizzes
- Click on the Name/Title of the Quiz
- Click on Add/Edit Questions
- Click on Add
- Click on Question Pool
- Enter a Question Pool Title
- Enter Number of Questions to Select
- Enter Points per Question
- Click on Browse Question Library
You must use questions from the question library when creating a question pool.
- Select the box next to the folder of questions you wish to add (If selecting individual questions, expand the folder and select individual questions to import)
- Click on Add
- Click on Save
- Repeat steps 5-13 to create more than one question pool
- Click on Back to Settings for .... (top left)
- Click on Save and Close
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Articles in this section
- How to Delete a Quiz from Using Honorlock
- How to Change Assessments from Honorlock to Respondus
- Dissociate grades from quizzes, Dropboxes, and Discussion
- Quizzes - Additional correct answers POST initial grading of an examination in MyCourses
- Manually Publish Grades - Quizzes and Dropbox
- Synchronous Quiz Setup
- Setup Asynchronous Quiz
- Images within Quizzes
- Copying a Quiz to Another Course
- Copying Quizzes in the Same Course