Grading essay questions can easily be done within MyCourses. When using essay questions, it is a best practice to not publish the grades to the gradebook or allow students to see their grade until you have graded all questions.
For quizzes with written response answers that cannot be auto-graded, the quiz should not be set up to automatically publish results. These settings can be adjusted in the quiz settings under the Assessment tab.
- Click on Submissions on the Navbar
- Click on Quizzes
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to the quiz
- Click on Grade
- Click on Questions
- Click on Grade Individual Responses.
- Click on the question you wish the grade (You will see under type WR)
- Grade Submission, click on Save and Continue to move on to the next student
- Click on Go Back To Questions
- Repeat steps 7-8 for every written response question
- Click on Users
- Click on Published to select all of the submissions (Make sure all submissions have checks next to them)
- Click on Save and Close
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Issuing Midterm Progress to Students
- Grade a Dropbox Folder Assignment Using a Rubric
- Regrade Fill-in-the-Blank and Short Answer Questions
- How to Regrade Quiz Questions
- Grade Written Response Quiz Questions
- How to Fix Quiz Grades Not Going to the Gradebook
- Grade Discussions from Submission Review
- Leaving Video Feedback for a Dropbox Submission
- Grade a Discussion from the Grade Book
- Grade a Dropbox Submission