This guide addresses setting up special access (extra time or an extended date range) for a single quiz present in your course for one student. This is typically done for students with accommodations or who need to make up an exam.
ATTENTION: You can add extra time for all quizzes present in the course for a student via the Classlist. Follow this guide for instructions: Adding Time to Multiple Quizzes
- Click on Submissions on Navbar
- Click on Quizzes
- Click on the Name of the Quiz
- Click on Click on Availability Dates & Conditions
- Click on Allow Selected Users Special Access to this quiz | Add Users to Special Access
- A new window will open
Enter the date range for the students with special access:
To add Special Access Dates:
A new window will open. Under the Properties section, you can adjust or add Due, Start, and End dates to change the date range of access for this student.
To add Special Access Times (such as time-and-a-half or double time):
Scroll down to the Timing section of the page. Select time limit settings. To add additional time to this quiz, verify that this quiz has an enforced time limit.
Under the New Time Limit, you can enter a new total time for this student or a multiplier of the original time.
Enter the numbers of attempts and select the users.
To change the number of attempts allowed for this student, you can click Override attempts allowed and set a new number of attempts for this student.
- Select which student(s) this special access will be set for by clicking the checkbox next to the student's name.
- Click the blue Add Special Access button
- The student's special access is now set for this quiz. Remember that you can change the time limit for all quizzes in a course for a specific student from the Classlist by following the Adding Additional time to Multiple Quizzes tutorial.
- Then click Save.
- Once a student has special access set for a quiz, you can edit that access by repeating steps 1 through 4 and then clicking the edit button next to that student's name.
- Quizzes that have special access set up will have the key icon next to their name in the quiz list.
Have Questions? Contact the MyCourses Support Team by email at MyCourses4Faculty@spcollege.edu or by phone at 727-341-3500 (Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST).
After-hours or weekend assistance? Contact the SPC Helpdesk at 727-791-2795 or email@example.com
Want to Schedule a One-on-One or Group Session on MyCourses or other instructional technology issues or opportunities? Complete the Schedule Instructional Support form and one of our team members will be in contact during regular business hours.