Here are some frequently asked questions regarding the final grades submission process at SPC for instructors. 

What is the grade submission process at SPC?  

  • For each course you teach, you will submit the final grades for all students within that course in your MyCourses account. The grade submission process is done through faculty tools on your course home page. Once you complete this process for a course, you should receive a grades submission email within 15 minutes and be able to see the grades in MySPC (faculty Area) Please review the tutorial on Submitting Final Grades for more information. 

I finished submitting my grades,  Is that all that I need to do?

  • Yes, if you have followed all of the steps and you get the confirmation email, your grades will transfer to MySPC. You can also go to the faculty area in MySPC after about 15 minutes and confirm that your grades have been posted. 


I have submitted my grades, when do my grades actually transfer to MySPC?

  • It will take about 15 minutes for your grades to transfer from MyCourses to MySPC.  


How do I give a student an incomplete?

  • There are three parts to issuing an incomplete for a student 
    • 1. Enter a zero for the numerator in the grade to submit to MySPC during the final grades submission process.  Review the tutorial on Issuing an Incomplete for a Student

    • 2. Open the course for the student after the course end date, so that the student can still access the course. Review the tutorial on Opening a Course for a Student with an Incomplete

    • 3. Once your student finishes their incomplete work in the course, or the time you allotted them to complete course work has passed, you will refer to the guide on opening a course (linked above in step 2) for a student with an incomplete and complete the steps in part two of that guide. Those steps involve changing the student's role so that the student can no longer access the course, and submitting a Change of Grade form.


How can I check that my grades transferred to MySPC?

  • It will take about 15 minutes for your grades to transfer from MyCourses to MySPC and then you can go to the faculty area in MySPC and verify that all students have a submitted final grade Please see the tutorial Confirming Your Final Grades for step-by-step instructions. 

I have a student auditing my course, what do I put for their grade?

  • You will transfer their grade as you do for any other student. You cannot give them a zero, or that will issue the student an incomplete. You can enter any numeric sum for the student who is auditing other than zero or 1. If you had been grading their work, you can submit their final calculated grade. If not, you can give the student any grade.

  • Because the student is auditing the course, they will not actually see the letter grade/numeric grade you submitted, The grade will show up in their MySPC account as an X. You cannot leave their grade empty or the system will not transfer the grade and the X will not be issued. 


I noticed an error in the grades that I have submitted to MySPC and they are already in MySPC.  What can I do?

  • If the grades are already in MySPC, you will need to complete a Change of Grade Form for each student that you need to be changed.

Questions? Contact the MyCourses Support Team by email at 
or by phone at 727-341-3500 (Hours: Mon.- Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST).

For after hours or weekend assistance, contact the SPC Helpdesk at 727-791-2795 or 

Add comment

Article is closed for comments.