This guide has been developed as a potential workaround for users who are currently unable to access MyCourses (D2L) reliably due to what we believe is Spectrum DNS issue.
- We are not 100% certain that this will work for everyone at this time.
- SPC employees (and potentially others using an employer provided device) and students who have an SPC "loaner" device may not be able to change the DNS in Chrome due to exisiting group policies.
- We are continuing to work with D2L, Amazon Web Services, and Spectrum to fully address this issue as quickly as possible. These instructions are intended as a temporary workaround.
This tutorial covers instructions for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browsers.
FOR GOOGLE CHROME:
1. At the top right corner of your Chrome browser, click the three dots to open the menu
2. Select Settings from this menu
3. Select Privacy and Security from the right-side options
4. Select Security
5. Scroll down to the Advanced Settings
6. Make sure the Use Secure DNS setting is enabled (toggle is blue)
7. Select "with Custom" and then click the down arrow to see the dropdown menu
8. Select either Google (Public DNS) or Cloudflare
9. Once selected, these options are saved, you can close your browser settings.
1. At the top right corner of your Firefox browser, click the three lines to open the menu
2. Select Settings from the dropdown menu
3. Select Privacy and Security from the right-side menu
4. Scroll to the very bottom of the settings page
5. Click Settings under Network Settings
6. Scroll to the very bottom of the Connection Settings, and verify that Enable DNS over HTTPS is checked
7. Verify that Cloudflare is selected from the dropdown menu options.
8. Click Ok to save and close
1. At the top right corner of your Edge browser, click the three dots to open the menu
2. Select Privacy, search, and services
3. Under Security, make sure that Use secure DNS to specify how to lookup the network address for websites is enabled (toggle is blue)
4. Click Choose a Service Provider
5. Click your mouse into the textbox to select a service provider, a dropdown menu will appear
6. Select Google or Cloudflare
7. Your selection will be automatically saved, you can close the settings window.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to Find Your Course Name/Course Offering Information
- MyCourses Connection Issue Workarounds by Browser
- Changing the Font Face and Size for your MyCourses
- Create and Update your Profile Photo
- Exploring the Areas of a Course
- Viewing the Expandable Table of Contents (From a Topic)
- MyCourses and Updates Widgets (Course Home Page)
- Displaying your Course Image as a Course Banner
- Changing your Course Image
- Exploring your MyCourses Home Page