The Import/Export/Copy Components tool is an essential tool that will be used by any faculty member who uses the MyCourses system. This tutorial will guide you on how to copy pieces of content from one course into another course. For example, if you only need to copy one quiz or one module from another course.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you are in the course you are copying these components TO, not from, before you begin.
- Click on the More tab in the Navigation bar
- Click on Edit Course
- Click on Import/Export/Copy Course
- On this page, leave the default option "copy from another org unit" selected and click Search for Offering
- The Select Course Offering screen will appear
- In the Search for textbox, type keywords for the course you want to copy the module from. This can include the name and section number of the course.
- Click Search or press the Enter key on your keyboard
- Click on the radio button to the left of the name of the course you would like to copy from:
- Click on Add Selected
You will return to the original copy content page.
- Click on Select Components **DO NOT CLICK COPY ALL COMPONENTS**
- Scroll down to see a list of course components that you can copy from. Click on the checkbox next to the Content types that you would like to copy, or you can select individual items to copy by clicking Select individual items to copy (Leave the include associated files box checked).
- Reminder - if you are copying modules and your module contains Quizzes, Discussions, or Dropboxes, click the checkboxes next to Quizzes, Discussions, and Dropboxes
- Click Continue
- You will then be taken to a screen to select the individual items, click the box next to the name of items that you will copy. You may need to click the tiny plus sign box next to an item to expand a category
- Click Continue
- Review the items on the next page under Confirm Components to copy. Click Modify if you have not selected the correct items.
- Click Finish to start the copy process. You will see a green check mark when the copy is complete.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- My Courses Get Started Information
- Copy Some Parts of a Course to Another Course (a quiz, module, discussion, etc.)
- Request a Course Reset (Clear all Content)
- Building Online Content and Learning Activities
- Semester Start Checklist
- Request a Course Merge
- Copy Course Content from One Course to Another