Zoom integrates with and is accessible from MyCourses. You will need to have an SPC Zoom account prior to setting up a meeting in MyCourses. This tutorial reviews how you can add a link to a Zoom meeting directly to your course.Note: Faculty must complete a 30-minute, self-paced training workshop in order to register for a licensed account and begin using Zoom. You can enroll in the Intro to Zoom workshop in the On Demand Trainings section of MyCourses.
To schedule a Zoom meeting outside of MyCourses (for meetings without students, or set by non-faculty) check out this quick video: Scheduling a Zoom Meeting
Preferences outlined in the table below.
Step-by-Step: Adding a Zoom Meeting to Course Content Module
- Click on Course Content.
- Scroll to the bottom of the course modules and click on Add a Module.
- Create a new module for your Zoom meetings.
Note: See related tutorial at the bottom of this page on creating modules.
- Within your new module, click on Add Existing Activities.
- Click on External Learning Tools.
- Click on Zoom Web Conferencing.
You will now see the link in your course.
You will still need to add the date, time, etc.
- Click on the blue Zoom Web Conferencing link.
This will take you to your Zoom account.
- Click on Schedule a New Meeting.
- Select your meeting settings. An explanation of each is provided in the table below these instructions.
- Click on Save.
- Return to the Zoom module in MyCourses. You can now change the name of the link in your course:
a. Click on the drop-down arrow next to Zoom Web Conferencing.
b. Click on Edit Properties In-Place.
c. Click on the title Zoom Web Conferencing and replace it with your Meeting Title
Step-by-Step: Add a Zoom Meeting to the Communicate Tab
- Select Communicate on the Navbar
- Select Zoom Video Conferencing.
This will take you to your Zoom account in a new webpage.
- Select Schedule a New Meeting
- Set preferences outlined in the table below
- Click on Save
Students will now see the meeting(s) listed when they select Zoom Video Conferencing from the Communicate tab.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Using Zoom Web Portal settings
- Trim and Edit Zoom
- Zoom application setting (PC, MacOS, IOS, Android, Linux)
- Zoom Poll Reports
- Zoom meeting Reports (for attendance to participation)
- Attendance Reports in Zoom
- Create Breakout Rooms with Zoom
- Create an Authentication Only Zoom Meeting
- Find and Share Your Zoom Recording
- Recording a Zoom Meeting