The tutorial below will provide details on enabling Honorlock on your quizzes in MyCourses.
NOTE: Dates, time limits, and special access will need to be added to the quiz in MyCourses. You do not need to set a password on your HL-enabled exam in MyCourses. A password will be generated automatically when HL is enabled.
If you are using Honorlock with third-party integration, please follow these steps: Enable Honorlock on Third-Party Integration.
Recommended - Practice Quizzes
RECOMMENDED: It is highly recommended that you include a Honorlock Practice Exam to allow your students a chance to test their connection with Honorlock before completing an actual course assignment.
- Tutorial: Create an Honorlock Practice Exam
- TIP: Make sure your Honorlock settings match what students can expect to see in an actual exam so that they can practice with realistic settings.
- TIP: If your students will be completing exams on 3rd Party sites (i.e. Pearson, Cengage, etc.), make sure you create your practice exam on this 3rd party site and instruct your students how to access it.
- NOTE: You will need to use Google Chrome to enable Honorlock on your quizzes.
2. Go into your course in MyCourses
3. Click on the Honorlock tab in the top Navbar
4. Click Enable to the right of the quiz for which you want to Enable Honorlock
5. Select your Proctoring Options
- Complete Explanation of Proctoring Options - ATTACHED AT BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
- Detailed Explanation of Browser Guard and Whitelist URL Options
- Create Exam Profiles to Save Time
NOTE: Please be aware that some students may not have a webcam on their computers.
6. Enter Student Guidelines - these guidelines will show to your students when they first access the quiz in MyCourses (Sample Student Instructions)
NOTE: When choosing options such as notes allowed, scrap paper, and calculator be sure to indicate in the additional instructions the type of notes, how many sheets of scrap paper, or the type of calculator the student is allowed to use.
7. Enter Accommodations - accommodations will show only to the Honorlock Proctor (Sample Proctor Instructions)
8. Click Enable
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Honorlock update for the fall 2023 semester
- Obtain Honorlock tokens for students participating in Early Admission, Dual Enrollment, Early College, or Collegiate High
- Honorlock test visibility from Simple Syllabus
- Latest Honorlock Updates
- Alternate Testing Locations
- Honorlock Webinars
- Request an Honorlock Info Session
- Honorlock Recommended Practices
- Template: Notifying Your Students of Honorlock
- Honorlock - Frequently Asked Questions